IIT Palakkad MS Research Admission 2024 Jan Session – IIT Palakkad invites applications for MS Research admission in various disciplines for 2024 Jan Session.
Check complete details about IIT Palakkad MS Research Admission 2024 Jan Session here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IIT Palakkad MS Research Programs
MS Research Programs for 2023-24 Jan Session
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Data Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Palakkad MS Research Admission 2024 Jan Session
The minimum educational qualifications for admission to the MS by research degree are as follows:
- Candidates with a four year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences or a Master’s degree in sciences with a valid GATE score in relevant discipline.
- Candidates with a good academic record, having memberships in professional bodies, approved by the MoE/UGC/AICTE, are also eligible for admission to the MS programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the membership examinations.
- Candidates who have qualified for the award of four year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences from a Centrally Funded Technical Institute (CFTI) with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline provided he/she has a minimum CGPA of 8.0 (7.5 for OBC- NCL and 7.0 for SC/ST/PwD) on a 10.0 point scale.
- Candidates with a four year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences or a Master’s degree in sciences are eligible to apply for MS “Project-NHTRA” category and will be funded by a project administered via ICSR. The candidate applying under this category does not need to have a valid GATE score to pursue MS, provided the funding agency for the project has no requirement of GATE for hiring of staff under the project. Such candidates are not eligible for HTRA funding under any circumstance.
- Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set from time to time, will be called for an interview and/or test by the Selection Committee.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be required to submit a statement of purpose (SOP) in support of your application in about 500 words in pdf format.
- SOP should list research areas in the order of preference.
- SOP should not exceed 500 words.
- SOP should be submitted in pdf format.
- The applications of foreign nationals may be considered with or without a personal interview / test.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission.
Assistance will be as per MHRD norms. Fulltime Scholars admitted to M.S. and Ph.D. programare eligible for the Half-time Teaching/Research Assistantship (HTRA) for which:
- They should work for 8 hours per week for the Institute to earn this assistantship. The work would normally involve assistance in teaching/research, and will be assigned by the Institute.
- Renewal of assistantship every semester will be contingent on enrolment, satisfactory progress in research work and good performance during the preceding semester in the discharge of responsibility as teaching/ research assistant.
Other scholarships like UGC- JRF, CSIR-JRF, ICMR, ICAR & AICTE etc. may also be available for those who have qualified for these schemes and get admission and the amount of fellowship will be as per the norms of the funding agency.
Important Dates for IIT Palakkad MS Research Admission 2024 Jan Session
|Advertisement to Appear||October 10, 2023|
|Application Portal Opens||October 10, 2023|
|Last date for submission of application online||October 31, 2023|
|Shortlist to appear||On or before November 20, 2023|
|Interview dates||Between December 11 – 16, 2023 (Online interviews may be conducted earlier, from November 27)|
|Selection list to appear||December 23, 2023|
|Date of Admission||To be announced|
IIT Palakkad MS Research Admission 2024 Jan Session Application Process
- Application form is available online.
- Kindly go through the information brochure before applying.
- Create an account in the portal.
- Please check your email for the welcome email.
- Log in with your email and password.
- Click on “Programs” > Choose “MS” or “PhD”.
- Click the “Apply” button against the MS/PhD program that you wish to apply.
- Fill personal details.
- Fill qualification details.
- Enter the details of your GATE/UGC-NET/Other National Level Test scores
- Upload the required documents. If you do not possess a valid category Certificate (due to current situation), please fill the enclosed undertaking and upload the same in PDF format.
- Verify the data in profile using “Preview” and do the final submission if everything is okay.
- Make the payment.
- Download application after successful payment.
|For GN/EWS/OBC-NCL Male candidates||Rs.100/-|
|For GN/EWS/OBC-NCL Female candidates||Rs.50/-|
|For PwD and SC/ST candidates||Rs.50/-|