IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2023 – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras invites applications for admission to M.Tech Program for the academic year 2023-24 commencing from July 2023.
Check full details on IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2023 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IIT Madras M.Tech Programs
IIT Madras offers M.Tech programs in following departments –
- Aerospace Engineering
- Applied Mechanics
- Computational and Experimental Mechanics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Clinical Engineering (Interdisciplinary programme)
- Bioprocess Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Catalysis Technology (Interdisciplinary programme)
- Civil Engineering
- Building Technology and Construction Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Communications and Signal Processing
- Power Systems and Power Electronics
- Microelectronics and VLSI Design
- Electronic System Design and Instrumentation
- RF and Photonics
- Integrated Circuits and Systems
- Control and Optimization
- Industrial Mathematics and Scientific Computing
- Mechanical Engineering
- Thermal Engineering
- Mechanical Design
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Ocean Structures
- Ocean Technology
- Petroleum Engineering
- Functional Materials and Nanotechnology
- Interdisciplinary Programmes (Coordinating Department)
- Catalysis Technology (Chemical Engineering)
- Clinical Engineering (Applied Mechanics)
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
For GATE Qualified Candidates
Candidates qualified in GATE 2021, GATE 2022, or GATE 2023 and satisfying any one of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture from Educational Institutions approved by AICTE/ Government
- Master’s degree in Chemistry/ Life Sciences/ Mathematics/ Physics related subjects from educational Institutions approved by UGC/ Government
- Degrees obtained through Distance Education/ Correspondence Mode for the qualifying degree specified above [(i) or (ii)]. The Departments will follow suitability test/ interview procedure for screening in such cases.
- Candidates yet to appear or have appeared in the final examination for the qualifying degree specified above [(i) or (ii)] and whose results are likely to be declared by July 15, 2023.
- Associate Membership holders of professional bodies for Admission into their parent disciplines from the following:
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (AMIE)
- The Aeronautical Society of India (AMAeSI) (eligible only for aerodynamics, structures, and propulsions streams)
- The Indian Institute of Metals (AMIIM)
- The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, including Polymer and Environmental Group (AMIIChemE)
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (AMIETE)
For IIT Graduates
- Candidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. degree and having CGPA of 8.0 (on a scale of 10) and above can apply without GATE Score. These applications will be reviewed by the respective Department(s).
For Sponsored Candidates
- Candidates employed and sponsored (with full pay and allowances for 24 months) by industry/ government organizations/ private and public enterprises, engaged in R&D work recognized by DST/ engineering colleges recognized by AICTE, possessing at least two years of professional experience as on the last date of receipt of applications at IIT Madras can apply, provided they hold:
- B.E/ B.Tech. degree from AICTE recognized Engineering Colleges/ University with first class or 60% aggregate marks in all the four years (no need for having GATE Score); or
- AMIE or any other Associate memberships listed above (no need for having a GATE Score)
Also visit: www.iitm.ac.in under “NOTICES” – “M. Tech. Advertisement (Sponsored)”.
For Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) Candidates
- M.Tech. under Quality Improvement Programme (sponsored by AICTE) is advertised separately, and the selection of QIP candidates is made through a test/ interview.
For User Oriented Programmes (UOP)
Please refer to information brochure for details on these Programmes.
For Defence Sponsored Candidates
M.Tech. programme sponsored by Defence Authority (Research & Training and Post Graduate Training) is through a separate selection procedure.
For subject wise requirements refer to information brochure.
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Opening of Website for ONLINE applications||17 March 2023 (Friday)|
|COAP Registration (GATE Candidates Only)||18 March 2023 (Saturday)|
|Registration for GATE Candidates||20 March 2023 (Monday)|
|Closing of Website for ONLINE applications||07 April 2023 (Friday)|
|Timeline for admission offers Start||20 May 2023 (Saturday)*|
|Date of reporting for admission||24 July 2023 (Monday)*|
|Orientation Programme||26 July 2023 (Wednesday)*|
|Commencement of Classes||31 July 2023 (Monday)*|
*Dates mentioned in above are tentative
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2023 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online through official website.
- Please note that to apply with a valid GATE Score or IIT B.Tech. Graduate, you have to Apply ONLINE at http://mtechadm.iitm.ac.in. COAP registration number is a mandatory field for registration on the M.Tech applications portal of IIT Madras.
- For Sponsored candidates – Apply online at https://mtechspons.iitm.ac.in
|For SC, ST, and PWD/Female Candidates||Rs. 300/-|
|For All Other Candidates||Rs. 600/-|
- Admission to candidates (who are not required to take Suitability Test/ Interview) will be finalized strictly in the order of merit as per the GATE Score (CGPA & Department Review for IIT Graduates) and on the basis of choices given by them in the application.
- Candidates requiring Suitability Test/ Interview will be informed by the respective Department as per schedule.
Financial Assistance and Opportunities
- Candidates admitted with Ministry of Education (MoE) assistantship (Half-Time Teaching Assistantship (HTTA) will get ₹12,400/- per month for 24 months.
- Meritorious M.Tech. students are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. programme after 1 year.
- Opportunities exist for M.Tech. students to carry out their projects in industries/ approved organizations/ foreign countries. IIT Madras has special exchange fellowships with Germany on a competitive basis.
- Attractive fellowships from few Govt. organizations are also available for some disciplines.
IIT Madras M.Tech Admission 2023 Cutoff
|Application Form||Click Here|
|IIT Madras Website||Click Here|
|Latest PG Admission Notifications||PG Admission Notification|
Join Our Telegram Channel