IIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Semester-II : Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi invites applications for admission in Semester-II for Ph. D. Programmes for the year 2023-24.
- Last date for submission of online Application Form for PhD and MS(R) admissions extended till 31st October 2023 (4:00 p.m.)
- Submission of online application commences on October 09, 2023 (12:00 noon)
Join Our Telegram Channel
IIT Delhi PhD Programs
IIT Delhi PhD Programs Offered in following Departments, Schools & Centers –
- Applied Mechanics
- Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences (Not accepting application for this cycle)
- Management Studies
- Material Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Textile & Fibre Engineering
- Centre for Applied Research in Electronics
- Centre for Atmospheric Sciences
- Centre for Automatic Research and Tribology
- Centre for Biomedical Engineering
- Centre for Rural Development and Technology
- Centre for Sensors, Instrumentation and Cyber-physical Systems Engineering
- National Resource Centre for Value Education in Engineering
- Transportation Research & Injury Prevention Centre
- Optics & Photonics Centre
- Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology
- Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management
- Kusuma School of Biological Sciences
- School of Interdisciplinary Research
- School of Artificial Intelligence
- School of Public Policy (Not accepting application for this cycle)
IIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Semester-II Eligibility Criteria
Candidates in the final year of their programmes and who expect to complete all their qualifying degree requirements before the date of registration are also eligible to apply for admissions. For short-listing purposes, their performance until the preceding semester (preceding year if their programmes are year based) would be considered, but their admission would be provisional, subject to their meeting the minimum eligibility criteria after their final qualifying examination results are announced. In any case, all admissions are provisional at first and it is confirmed only after all certificates and previous records are duly checked and verified, a process which may take a few weeks into the starting semester.
These are Institute minimum requirements and any Department/Centre/School operating through their DRC/CRC/ScRC can specify higher short-listing criteria than what is specified here.
Minimum Qualification for Admission to full-time Ph.D. Programmes
|Sr. No.||Qualifying Degree||Minimum performance in the Qualifying degree for General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/EWS category students||Qualification through national level examination requirements|
|1.||M.Tech ./ M.E. /M.D. / M.Des. or equivalent||60% marks or 6.00 CGPA on a 10-point scale||Nil|
|2.|| M.Sc./MBA/M.A./ M.B.B.S.|
|60% marks or 6.00 CGPA on a 10-point scale||Qualified GATE/ CSIR/ UGC/ NET/ ICAR/ ICMR/ DST-INSPIRE Fellowship|
|3.||B.E. /B. Tech.|
|70% marks or 7.00 CGPA on a 10-point scale||Qualified GATE/CSIR/ UGC NET/ CEED/ ICAR/ DSTINSPIRE Fellowship|
Exemptions, relaxations and clarifications:
- For SC/ST/PwD category candidates, the minimum performance in the qualifying degree (S. No. 1 & 2 in Table 1) is relaxed from 60% to 55% (CGPA relaxed from 6.00 to 5.50).
- For SC/ST/PwD category candidates, the minimum performance in the qualifying degree (Sr. No. 3 in Table 1) is relaxed from 70% to 65% (CGPA relaxed from 7.00 to 6.50).
- Qualifying degree performance is computed by aggregating performance over all the semesters/years of the qualifying degree, as per the credit or weightage system approved in the institution / board where the degree has been completed.
- Requirement of qualification in GATE / National Exam is waived for the following categories of applicants:
- Currently registered students in Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) pursuing B.Tech./B.E./ Integrated M. Tech/ Integrated M. Sc. programmes(or any other programme of minimum four year duration, admission to which is on the basis of JEE), who have completed 6 semesters or more, and have CGPA of 8.000 or above (on a 10 point scale). Such students must obtain a CGPA of 8.000 or above at the time of graduation, and before they formally register for the Ph.D. programme (80% aggregate marks, if marks is the primary mode of evaluation)
- Graduates of CFTIs (in the programmes marked under (i)) with a final graduation CGPA of more than 8.000 (80% aggregate marks, if marks is the primary mode of evaluation);
- M.A or M.Sc. graduates from IITs with CGPA 8.000 or above.
For detailed Minimum Qualification read information brochure.
IIT Delhi PhD Admission 2023-24 Semester-II Important Dates
|Event||Date and Time|
|Submission of Online Application||October 09, 2023 (12:00 noon)|
|Last Date for Application Submission (Extended)||October 31, 2023 (04:00 pm)|
|Test / Interview Dates||December 01 – December 12, 2023|
|Orientation and Registration||December 30, 2023|
|Commencement of Classes||January 01, 2024|
Application Process for IIT Delhi PhD Admission
Submission of Application for IIT Delhi PhD Admission is only online through official website www.iitd.ac.in
Candidates belonging to General/OBC/EWS category are required to pay for each application form a fees of Rs. 200/- and SC/ST/PwD categories are required to pay Rs. 50/-. The bank charges will be borne by the candidate.
The separate application form should be filled for Ph.D. programme for each Department/Centre/School.
Part-time/Sponsored (full-time) candidates must submit NOC/Sponsorship Certificate from their employer at the time of interview.
IIT Delhi PhD Admission Selection Process
- Admission to the PhD programmes is normally made on the basis of an interview of eligible candidates conducted by the Department/Centre/School concerned, through its Department Research Committee (DRC) / Centre Research Committee (CRC)/ School Research Committee (SRC).
- DRC/CRC/SRC may decide to conduct a written test as well, or multiple interviews, or other ways or testing, in order to screen the candidates.
|Information Brochure||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)||Click Here|
|IIT Delhi Website||Click Here|
|IIT Delhi MS Research Admissions||IIT Delhi MS Research Admissions|
Join Our Telegram Channel