IISER Pune PhD Earth and Climate Science Admission 2024 (Jan) – IISER Pune invites application for PhD Earth and Climate Science Program for the academic session starting from Jan 2024.
Check full details on IISER Pune PhD Earth and Climate Science Admission 2024 (Jan) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IISER Pune PhD Earth and Climate Science Research Areas
Research Area (Potential Supervisor):
- A) Paleobiology and Marine Ecology (Devapriya Chattopadhyay)
- Candidates with a strong Earth Science or Biology background and an interest in Paleobiology are encouraged to apply. Candidates with prior experience in Paleontological/Ecological/Taxonomic research and/or R-programming language would be preferred. The selected candidate is expected to contribute to a project under the broad theme of paleoecology or conservation paleobiology.
- B) Geochemistry (Gyana Ranjan Tripathy)
- C) Biogeochemistry (Shreyas Mangave)
- The selected candidate will work on problems related to climate change.
- D) Himalayan glaciers (Argha Banerjee)
- Only candidates with a strong background in both undergraduate Physics and Maths may apply. Proficiency in Computer Programming is expected. The selected candidate will contribute to an Indo-Swiss collaborative project on field studies and modelling of debris-covered Himalayan glaciers.
IISER Pune PhD Earth and Climate Science Admission 2024 (Jan) Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in majoring subject) or a CGPA 6 out of 10 point scale (55% in aggregate or equivalent CGPA for SC/ST and PD candidates) in Master’s (or BS-MS) degree in Geology/ Applied Geology/Physics/Mathematics/Atmospheric Science/Climate Science/Engineering/Biology/Environmental Science, or related subjects. BE/BTech students may also apply.
Additionally, the candidate MUST have qualified in any ONE of the following exams:
(a) National Eligibility Test (NET) with valid* CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF/ UGC-LS/ CSIR-LS/ or a valid* GATE/JEST score,
(b) INSPIRE-PhD fellowship (The candidate should be in possession of provisional selection letter at the time of interview),
*The score/rank MUST be valid at least till January 01, 2024.
IISER BS-MS students with major in one of the subjects mentioned above with CGPA >= 8.0.
IISER Pune PhD Earth and Climate Science Admission 2024 (Jan) Important Dates
|Deadline of Application||Nov 5, 2023|
|Date(s) of Interview||Nov 25- Dec 5, 2023|
Application Form for IISER Pune PhD Earth and Climate Science Admission 2024 (Jan)
- Only online application will be accepted.
- Meeting the above-mentioned criteria merely makes the candidate eligible for application.
- IISER Pune reserves the right to use other / more stringent criteria for the purpose of shortlisting for interviews.
- The mere application/shortlisting does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme.
Selection will be based on online interviews of the short-listed candidates.
Note: Only online application will be accepted.
Applying does not automatically guarantee that a candidate will be shortlisted for interview. The department may use additional criteria in order to shortlist candidates for interviews depending on the number of applications received.
Join Our Telegram Channel