IISER Pune PhD Chemistry Admission 2024 (Jan) – IISER Pune invites application for PhD Chemistry Program for the academic session starting from Jan 2024.
Check full details on IISER Pune PhD Chemistry Admission 2024 (Jan) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IISER Pune PhD Chemistry Research Areas
- Advanced Spectroscopy and Molecular Biophysics
- Electrochemistry, Energy, and Environment
- Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Solid-state Chemistry and Materials Science
- Synthesis and Catalysis
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry and Biophysics
For more details visit IISER Pune website.
IISER Pune PhD Chemistry Admission 2024 (Jan) Minimum Eligibility Criteria
1A. Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage; not only in the majoring subject) or an equivalent C.G.P.A on 10-point scale (55% or an equivalent C.G.P.A in aggregate for SC, ST and Specially abled candidates PwD/VH) in Masters’ Degree in any branch of Science: Chemistry/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Biology or equivalent. Candidates with Integrated BS-MS degree/ B.E./ B. Tech./ B. Pharm./ ME/ M. Tech./ M. Pharm. degree satisfying the above criteria of marks can also apply.
Students whose final results in Master’s or equivalent are yet to be declared can also apply. However, if selected, the offer for these students will be provisional, subject to their fulfilling the above criteria at the time of admission.
1B. In addition to the above criteria, the candidate MUST have qualified at least any ONE of the following exams:
- (a) National Eligibility Test (NET) with VALID CSIR-JRF/UGC-JRF
- (b) CSIR/UGC NET-LS
- (c) GATE
- (d) DBT
- (e) INSPIRE-PhD fellowship (Should be in possession of INSPIRE Fellowship Provisional)
- (f) IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual Degree students with CGPA greater or equal to 8.0 Selection Letter at the time of Interview)
- (e) IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual Degree students with CGPA greater or equal to 8.0
All shortlisted applicants will be further screened based on the ranks/score for their eligibility set by the Institute/Department committee.
Above scores/ranks/fellowships MUST be valid at least till the date of admission to the PhD program
For all the national eligibility examinations which provide a common rank/score, the cut-off rank/score for the reserved categories to be shortlisted for the interview shall be lowered to 1.25 times the General category rank/score.
2. IISER BS-MS (All IISERs) Dual Degree students with CGPA greater or equal to 8.0
IISER Pune PhD Chemistry Admission 2024 (Jan) Important Dates
|Deadline of Application||Nov 5, 2023|
|Date(s) of Interview||Nov 25-30, 2023|
Application Form for IISER Pune PhD Chemistry Admission 2024 (Jan)
- Only online application will be accepted.
- Meeting the above-mentioned criteria merely makes the candidate eligible for application.
- The mere application/shortlisting does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme.
Based on application forms received and the above listed criteria, applicants will be further shortlisted for the interview based on additional criteria set by the Department. All the candidates selected for the interview will receive a separate email to appear for the in-person interview. Shortlisted candidates will be selected for admission to the PhD programme through a rigorous evaluation process that includes an interview by a selection committee.
The mere application/shortlisting does not guarantee admission into the PhD programme.
Applicants are advised to go through the Departmental Web-pages to explore the research programs of individual faculty.
Join Our Telegram Channel