IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024: IIM Bangalore, Bengaluru, Karnataka invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2024.
Check full details on IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IIM Bangalore PhD Programs
- The doctoral programme of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) leading to a PhD is recognized as a rigorous research programme in various areas of business management and public policy.
- The doctoral programme is committed to training individuals to excel in their chosen areas of research and produce publication-quality work of international standards.
Areas of Specializations
- Decision Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
Duration of the Programme
- Students are expected to complete the doctoral programme within 5 years of registering for the programme.
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates that apply for admission should have either:
- A Master’s degree (obtained after completing bachelor’s degree)* or,
- A five-year Integrated Master’s degree (obtained after completing higher secondary schooling in 10+2 pattern) in any discipline* or,
- A Post Graduate Diploma (2 years)*
- A Professional qualification such as CA, ICWA, CS# or,
- A four-year or eight-semesters Bachelor’s degree$
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice followed by the respective university or institution. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the respective university or institute. If a university or institute confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
*Candidates need to have at least 55 percent marks in the bachelor’s degree, master’s degree(s), and post graduate diploma. This cutoff is 50 percent marks for applicants from SC, ST and PwD categories.
#Candidates with these professional qualifications should have obtained at least 50 percent marks in their B.com or bachelor’s degree. This cutoff is 45 percent for applicants from SC, ST and PwD categories.
$Candidates in this category should have obtained at least 6.5 CGPA or equivalent marks. This cutoff is 6.0 CGPA for applicants from SC, ST and PwD categories.
Candidates who are in the final year of the qualifying Programmes that would make them eligible can also apply. (However, in case of CA/ICWA/CS the applicant should have completed the course at the time of applying to the doctoral programme.)
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 Important Dates
|Application Window||26 July 2023 to January 25, 2024 (5:00 p.m. IST)|
|IIMB Test||Slot -1: November 19, 2023|
Slot -2: January 28, 2024
|Short List Notification||15th February, 2024|
|Area Tests [Online] (as decided by Areas)||1st and 2nd of March, 2024|
|Interview Date (IIMB Campus)||7th to 9th March 2024|
|Offer Notification||18th March, 2024|
|Offer Acceptance – Last date||25th March, 2024|
|PhD Prep Programme and Registration||Last week of May 2024 onwards|
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 Application Process
- The application form for admission to Doctoral Programme 2024, will be available at online at IIM Bangalore Website.
- Candidates may apply to two areas of specialization as part of their application to the doctoral programme at IIMB. Such candidates will need to identify their primary and secondary areas of specialization as part of the application form.
|GMAT / GRE / CAT / GATE / JRF (NET)||Rs.1000||Rs.1500|
|Application fee plus IIMB Test Fee||Rs.2000||Rs.2500|
Acceptable Test Scores
Candidates require a valid test score, from any one of the acceptable tests to the area(s) of specialization they are applying to, as shown in the following:
|Program||GMAT||GRE||CAT 2023||GATE||JRF (NET)||IIMB Test|
|Finance & Accounting||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Organizational Behaviour & Human Resource Management||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Production & Operations Management||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
- Except for those opting for IIMB Test, all other candidates should mandatorily provide the test score, which should be valid as on January 25, 2024, while submitting the application.
- Candidates can use only one of the acceptable test scores listed in the table above as part of their applications. If students have taken multiple tests that are acceptable, they will need to pick one of the acceptable tests as part of their application to the doctoral progamme at IIMB.
- Applicants opting for GMAT or GRE should have ETS send the OFFICIAL SCORE CARD to IIMB prior to the application deadline and also upload a copy of their official test scores along with the application. Applicants who have not received the official score card, should upload the TEST TAKER COPY along with the application, but have ETS send the OFFICIAL SCORE CARD before the interviews. Online GMAT/GRE score (exam taken at home) will not be accepted for PhD 2024.
- Applicants opting for Common Admission Test (CAT 2023) should provide their CAT 2023 registration number in the online application. The CAT 2023 scores made available to IIMB will be used in the assessment of the application.
- Applicants opting for GATE or JRF (NET) score should upload their valid SCORE CARD along with the application, and bring OFFICIAL SCORE CARD for interviews.
- Applicants opting to take the IIMB Test should choose this option in the application. IIMB Test will be conducted by IIMB twice, on November 19, 2023 and January 28, 2024. Those opting to appear for the IIMB Test will have to pay a test fee of Rs. 1000 (non-refundable) in addition to the application fee as specified. For more information on the IIMB Test, please see details in Appendix and also visit the IIMB website.
- Candidates taking the IIMB Test would need to indicate on the application form that they intend to use the IIMB Test scores for their application.
- Based on the information provided by the applicants, candidates will be shortlisted (on the recommendation of the respective areas) and invited for an area specific written test and / or interview.
- The mode of conducting the Area specific written test and Interview i.e either Online / In-person will be notified/intimated well ahead of the process.
- Interviews are expected to be completed by 7th to 9th of March 2024.
- Candidates will be admitted to the programme based on a combination of multiple parameters, as also specified by the respective areas. Parameters may include applicant’s performance in GMAT, GRE, CAT, GATE, JRF (NET) score, or IIMB Test (as applicable), past academic performance, work experience, area specific test and / or interview performance etc.
- Candidates selected for admission are required to attend a Preparatory Course which is expected to be scheduled from late May through mid-June 2024 (tentative).
- Financial support comprises mainly a tuition fee waiver and stipend (fellowship) of Rs 42,000 per month.
- As part of the fellowship support, the student is expected to provide service as a Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant during various stages of their programme.
- In addition, students are also provided single-seater hostel accommodation for five years of the programme. A housing subsidy of Rs 20,000 per month is paid for those that seek married accommodation outside campus.
- Doctoral students are also eligible for start-up (Rs 75,000 in year 1) and contingency grants (Rs 25,000 per year in Years 2 to 5) that could be used for books, stationery, computers, and other resources to support their doctoral programme work.
- The institute supports students with travel grants to encourage good/high-quality research in the Doctoral Programme and enable doctoral students to gain exposure and the opportunity to present their work in reputed national and international research conferences in their respective areas. Currently, students can avail of funding to the extent of Rs 3,60,000 towards such travel subject to approval by the travel committee.
- Doctoral students also receive incentives for successfully achieving various programme milestones. Several students also receive additional external scholarships specially made available for doctoral students.
- All financial support is available for a period of five years from the date of registration in the doctoral programme and ceases in the month of June at the end of the fifth year of the programme.
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 Results
IIM Bangalore PhD Admission 2024 Results will be available as per schedule. Result will be updated here when available.
Join Our Telegram Channel