IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2024 – Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad invites application for PhD admission 2024.
Check more details on IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2024 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IIM Ahmedabad PhD Programs
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- Innovation and Management in Education
- Organizational Behaviour
- Production and Quantitative Methods
- Public Systems
IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2024 Important Dates
|Link open for online application from||September 27, 2023|
|Last date for submitting online application||January 17, 2024|
|Interviews (Tentative)||March / April, 2024|
IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2024 Application Form
Application Form and Brochure will be available online on institute website.
Candidates can fill-up the application form online and is eligible to apply for a maximum of two Areas of high levels of specialization.
Application Fee – An application fee of Rs.500/- can be paid through IIMA gate way.
IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must possess
- A Master’s Degree or Two-year Post Graduate Diploma (obtained after completing a bachelor’s degree with 55% marks or equivalent) or a 5-year Integrated Master’s Degree (obtained after completing higher secondary school in the 10+2 pattern) in any field with 55% marks or equivalent. (OR)
- Professional qualification – CA, CS, CMA (with a minimum of 50% marks) in addition to a bachelor’s degree (with at least 55% marks). (OR)
- A four-year / eight-semester Bachelor’s degree with a minimum CGPA of 6.5/10 or comparable grades.
- Note that the Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree or equivalent qualification should be from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or be recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India; or possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
- Candidates in their last year of a Master’s/ Bachelor’s programme that would qualify them to apply may also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will only be allowed to join the programme provisionally if they submit a certificate latest by May 31, 2024 from the Principal/Head of the Department/Registrar or Director of the university/institute (issued on or before May 31, 2024) stating that they have appeared for the examinations (including practical examinations) in all the subjects required for obtaining the Master’s/Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification.
- Their admission will be confirmed when they submit mark sheets and a certificate of having completed the Master’s/Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification referred in the certificate issued by the Principal/Registrar of their college/institution. The deadline for the submission of Marksheet and the Certificate is December 31, 2024.
- Please note that those candidates who have applied on the basis of their master’s degree will have to meet the 55% marks stipulation, and those who have applied on the basis of their bachelor’s degree will have to meet the 6.5 CGPA (or equivalent) marks stipulation. Non-fulfilment of these conditions will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
IIM Ahmedabad PhD Admission 2024 Selection Process
Candidates applying to the PhD Programme are required to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or a standard test in lieu of CAT.
For NRIs and Foreign students this standard test is the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
Different Areas of high levels of specialization of IIMA have specified different standard tests that candidates applying to the PhD Programme in their Areas can take in lieu of CAT. These standard tests are given in the following table:
|Area of high levels of specialization||Standard Test in lieu of CAT|
UGC-JRF (Economics/ Development Studies/Development Economics/ Business Economics/ Management)
ICAR-SRF (PGS – merit list for award of SRF)
|Economics||GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC-JRF in relevant discipline|
|Finance & Accounting||GRE/GMAT|
|Human Resource Management||GRE/GMAT/GATE|
|Innovation and Management in Education||GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC-JRF in relevant discipline|
|Operations & Decision Sciences||GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC- NET JRF in Mathematical Sciences|
|Organizational Behaviour||GRE/GMAT/UGC-JRF in relevant discipline|
|Public Systems||GRE/GMAT/GATE/UGC-JRF (in relevant discipline)|
The validity of the CAT and the other standard test scores are given in the following table. Note that the scores should be valid on the deadline for submission of the application form.
- CAT – 5 years
- GRE – 5 years
- GMAT – 5 years
- GATE – 3 years
- JRF – 3 years
- SRF – 1 year
Online GMAT/GRE (Take home) exam scores are not valid. Only test center-based GMAT/GRE scores are valid.
Alumni of all IIMs should also meet the standard test score requirements as mentioned above.
Candidates will be short listed on the basis of their performance in CAT or the standard test in lieu of CAT, academic background, and experience. The Ph.D. admission interviews will be held during March-April 2024.
IIMA may conduct online or face-to-face interviews depending upon the health advisory issued by the authorities at that time.
Fellowship and Expenses
IIM Ahmedabad provides a comprehensive fellowship that covers all academic expenses including tuition, computer, library, medical insurance, placement and alumni fees, and in addition includes a monthly subsistence allowance.
The details of monthly subsistence allowance are as follows:
|Slab I||For first and second years||Rs.42,000/-|
|Slab II||After successful completion of Area Comprehensive Examination||Rs.45,000/-|
|Slab III||After submitting the TAC approved thesis proposal||Rs.50,000/-|
A Contingency Allowance of Rs. 25,000 per year (for five years) to cover research expenses, expenses on books, photocopying etc. are also available to all students.
Students are entitled to get up to an amount of Rs.3,00,000/- (upper limit) for attending international conference/workshop/summer school during their entire tenure with Ph.D. Programme system (maximum 5 years). (Further details are described in the Ph.D. Programme Brochure).
The Ph.D. is a full-time programme that requires significant on campus/local living. On-campus accommodations for single students for the initial part of their tenure, and limited housing on campus for married students are available.
Join Our Telegram Channel