IKGPTU PhD Admission 2023-24 – I. K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, formerly Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala, Punjab invites applications for PhD admission in various disciplines of Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Applied Sciences for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on IKGPTU PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
IKGPTU PhD Programs
Applications are invited from research oriented prospective post graduate students and students who qualify for fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR/NET/ GATE/ CEED and similar National/State level tests based on an interview, for admission to full- time/part-time Ph.D. program for various Disciplines for the session 2023-24 in the University and its autonomous colleges as mentioned below:
- PhD Civil Engineering
- PhD Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD Electronics and Communication Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Food Science and Technology
- PhD Physics
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Computer Applications
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Pharmacy
- PhD Management
- PhD Punjabi
IKGPTU PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Start date to fill online form||01 Nov 2023|
|Last date to fill online form||18 Nov 2023|
|Date of Entrance Test (at IKGPTU Main Campus, Kapurthala)||25 Nov 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for IKGPTU PhD Admission 2023-24
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme as per NEP-2020.
- 2-year/4-semster master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semster bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / Differently- abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 80% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system as per NEP-2020. The bachelor’s degree as per NEP-2020 shall be considered for such candidates. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil course work in regular mode with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible. A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC (non-creamy layer) / differently- abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
IKGPTU PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates can apply online on website of IKGPTU.
- The link for online application & instructions is available at university website www.ptu.ac.in
- After registration, you will get a verification code on your Mobile and Email. Please check your Email Inbox/ Junk/ Spam folder as well for OTP.
- Once your email and Mobile is verified, please login to the portal using the login credentials in your email.
- Complete the Application Form i.e your personal details, educational qualification and Experience detail.
- Pay Admission Fees
- Submit Application Form.
- Download Application Form
The admission to Ph.D. programme shall be made through an open advertisement using the following methods:
(a) The students who qualify for fellowship/scholarship in UCC-NET/ UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/CEED and similar National/State level tests based on an interview. OR
(b) The students who qualify for Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by the University. The admission for the June-July/Dec-Jan session shall be based on the merit basis in the PhD Entrance test and interview.
PhD Entrance Details
- The syllabus of the Entrance Test shall consist of 50% research methodology and 50% subject-specific content.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the Ph.D. entrance test shall be 50%. The question paper shall be of an objective type, comprising 100 questions and lasting for 120 minutes. Students who score more than 50% marks in the Ph.D. Entrance Test shall be called for an interview in order of merit.
- The number of students who shall be called for the interview shall be double the number of seats available for Ph.D. admission in the concerned stream/branch.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade shall be allowed in the entrance examination for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC, differently-abled categories, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and other categories of candidates, as per the decisions of the competent authorities of the Government from time to time.
- The Ph.D. entrance test shall be designed to assess the fundamental understanding and applied aspects of the subject. The syllabus for the subject shall be the same as prescribed by the University Grants Commission for NET (UGC/CSIR), GPAT, and GATE examinations. However, the syllabus for Research Methodology shall be designed in consultation with the Chairmen of concerned Board of Studies in all departments under that faculty, taking into consideration the depth and nature of research methodology techniques used while pursuing research in the concerned faculty.
(a) After the successful conduct of the Ph.D. interview, inter-se merit of all candidates shall be prepared according to the following criteria:
- (i) Weightage to marks in the entrance test: 70%
- (ii) Weightage to interview: 30%
(b) Inter-se merit of candidates qualified based on fellowships/scholarships in UGC, NET/UGC-CSIR NET, GATE, CEED, and similar national-level tests shall be prepared as per the following criteria:
- (i) Weightage to national-level test: 70% (in lieu of a national-level test, all Ph.D. entrance test-exempted candidates shall be awarded marks equivalent to the maximum marks obtained by any candidate in the concerned subject in the university Ph.D. entrance test).
- (ii) Weightage to interview: 30%
University Research Fellowship
University Research Fellowship-cum-Teaching Assistantship (URF) @Rs. 12000/month is also available in the University Campus. There are fixed number of University Research Fellowship available in each Department for full time Ph.D. students and separate applications shall be invited from the eligible candidates for the same.
Join Our Telegram Channel