TMC ACTREC Mumbai PhD Admission 2024 – Tata Memorial Centre Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) invites application for online examinations and the award of Junior Research Fellowships [JRF 2024] for PhD in Life Sciences at the ACTREC.
Check full details on TMC ACTREC Mumbai PhD Admission 2024 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
The Tata Memorial Centre (TMC) is an autonomous grant-in-aid institution of the Department of Atomic Energy.
TMC is comprised of the Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer (ACTREC) and the Tata Memorial Hospital (TMH).
Advanced state-of-the-art facilities at ACTREC encompass digital and electron microscopy, animal house, spectroscopy, molecular imaging, flow cytometry, biophysics, structural biology, bioinformatics, and proteomics thus providing robust infrastructural support and expertise to address challenging research questions.
ACTREC PhD Program
ACTREC conducts a Ph.D. program in Life Sciences, affiliated to the Homi Bhabha National Institute (a deemed university under category “A” by MHRD, Govt of India).
The research programs at ACTREC amalgamate both fundamental and translational approaches to answer questions related to cancer biology, cancer prevention, and disease intervention. The studies comprehend basic tumor biology and elucidation of myriads of networks involved in cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, metastasis, carcinogenesis, stem cell biology, biochemistry, immunology, cancer genomics, genetics, epigenetics, DNA repair, metabolic reprogramming, pharmacology, and therapy resistance.
- M.Sc./M. Tech (Applied Biology / Biochemistry / Bioinformatics / Biophysics / Biotechnology / Botany / Life Sciences / Microbiology/ Molecular Biology / Zoology or related Biological Sciences), M.V.Sc. and M.Pharm from a recognized University, with minimum 55% aggregate marks. Those awaiting results may also apply.
- As per HBNI guidelines, candidates with < 55% aggregate marks cannot be considered for an interview or admission to the program.
- Candidates who have done post-graduation course of only ONE year duration are not eligible.
- Final admission into the Ph.D. program is subject to the candidate satisfying HBNI eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
- TMC reserves the right to increase the minimum eligibility criteria in case of receipt of large number of applications.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) of Rs. 31000/+ 27% HRA per month (HRA is only applicable if hostel facility is not opted), which gets converted into SRF based on fellow’s performance in the 3rd year.
- Limited hostel facility is available on a first come, first served basis for the new entrants for a period of one year. Ph.D. scholars are also entitled to avail the In-house medical facility and local transport services.
|The deadline for application is||15 Dec 2023|
|List of candidates found eligible for the Online Objective Entrance Exam||Last week of Dec 2023|
|The Online Exam will be conducted on||06 Jan 2023|
|List of candidates qualifying for interview will be displayed||April 2023|
|Date for Interviews to be held at ACTREC||May-June 2023|
- Candidates are advised to carefully read the instructions before filling the online application [https://actrec.gov.in].
- Forms submitted with incomplete information or without fees (where payable) or requisite document attachments not done will be rejected.
- Application fees should be paid online, and the fees for male candidates is Rs 750/- and for female candidates is Rs 500/-, while SC/ ST/ OBC (caste proof should be attached) and physically handicapped candidates with minimum 40% disability (disability proof must be attached) are fully exempted from paying fees.
- Application fees paid online are non-refundable.
- The online application deadline is December 15, 2023.
- A list of eligible candidates for the Online Objective Entrance Exam will be displayed in the last week of December ‘23 on the ACTREC website.
- The Online Exam will be conducted on January 06, 2024 from 9 AM – 12 noon in 10 Examination Centres located in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi NCR, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, and Varanasi (centre allotment details will be uploaded on the ACTREC website ahead of the exam date).
- Students have to give 3 choices of Exam Centre in their application. In case the number of students opting for a centre is below 75, the students opting for that centre will be accommodated at either their second or third choice of centre.
Eligibility for Direct Interview
- Online application for ACTREC JRF 2024 is mandatory
- Candidates holding valid Junior Research Fellowships awarded after qualifying a national level written entrance test conducted by CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR/ DBT or other recognized agencies.
- Candidates who receive external fellowship intimation by April 15, 2024 must send their proof of the award by e-mail [firstname.lastname@example.org] to seek direct interview dates.
- Qualified Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS) candidates who are eligible for ACTREC Ph.D. program will be shortlisted and displayed on the ACTREC website in due course of time.
JRF Interview Dates
- The list of candidates qualifying for interview based on the ACTREC online exam results or eligible for direct interview will be displayed in April, 2024.
- Interviews of candidates who have cleared the ACTREC entrance test as well as those eligible for direct Interview will be conducted between May and June 2024 – the exact dates will be displayed on the ACTREC website.
- The list of JRF projects being offered to Ph.D. students at ACTREC will be displayed on the ACTREC website.
Declaration of the Results
- The list of successful candidates will be displayed on the ACTREC website.
Join Our Telegram Channel