Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University PhD Admission 2023-24: Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Garhwal, Uttarakhand offers PhD programs in various disciplines.
Check full details on Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University PhD Admission 2023-24 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
HNBGU PhD Programs
- PhD Forestry
- PhD Horticulture
- PhD Plant Physiology
- PhD Rural Technology
- PhD Seed Science & Technology
- PhD Chemistry
- PhD Home Science
- PhD Mathematics
- PhD Physics
- PhD Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- PhD Pharmaceutical Science
- PhD Statistics
- PhD Commerce
- PhD Defence Strategic and Geo Political Studies
- PhD Geography
- PhD Remote Sensing and GIS
- PhD Geology
- PhD Adult Continuing Education and Extension
- PhD Physical Education
- PhD Education
- PhD Naturopathy and Yoga
- PhD Computer Science and Engineering
- PhD Electronic and Communication Engineering
- PhD Instrumentation Engineering
- PhD Mechanical Engineering
- PhD Information Technology
- PhD Anthropology
- PhD Economics
- PhD History
- PhD Philosophy
- PhD Political Science
- PhD Psychology
- PhD Sociology and Social Work
- PhD Drawing and Painting
- PhD Journalism and Mass Communication
- PhD English
- PhD Folk and Performing Arts
- PhD Hindi
- PhD Library and Information Science
- PhD Music
- PhD Sanskrit
- PhD Law
- PhD Botany and Microbiology
- PhD Biochemistry
- PhD Environmental Science
- PhD Zoology
- PhD Himalayan Aquatic Biodiversity
- PhD Biotechnology
- PhD Business Management
- PhD Tourism
HNBGU PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree or a professional degree in the concerned subject or in a cognate or an allied/interdisciplinary subject, declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a grading point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently- a bled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the UGC from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
HNBGU Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Start of application forms||to be announced|
|Last date for application forms||to be announced|
|Merit Lists||to be announced|
HNBGU PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read instruction given there carefully before filling application form.
|General/EWS/OBC (non-creamy layer)||Rs. 700/-|
|SC/ST/Differently Abled||Rs. 350/-|
- The University shall admit Ph.D. students through an Entrance Exam and interview/viva-voce jointly.
- However, the following categories of the applicants shall be exempted from the Entrance Exam, but they have to apply online on the prescribed form till the due date along with fee.
- i) Regularly appointed teachers of this University.
- ii) Teacher Fellow (Under UGC Scheme)
- iii) NET/SLET (Uttarakhand)/GATE qualified candidates
- iv) M.Phil. candidates of HNB Garhwal University in the concerned subject.
HNBGU PhD Admission 2023-24 Entrance Exam Details
- The question paper of the entrance exam will be of total 100 marks. .
- The paper will include two sections.
- Section I will consist of Research Methodology (50 marks)
- Section II will be subject specific based on the Post Graduate syllabus of the concerned/allied subjects (50 marks).
- The question paper will contain 100 objective type multiple choice questions (50 in each section).
- The student shall be allowed a maximum of two hours to complete the exam.
- Qualifying cut-off marks in Entrance Exam will be 50% for General/EWS Category and 45% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently Abled categories.
- All the qualified candidates in the Entrance Exam will be called for interview along with the candidates exempted from the entrance exam.
- The medium for written exam will be English for subjects under Schools of Sciences (excluding Home Science), Life Sciences, Himalayan Aquatic Bio-diversity, Agriculture and Allied Sciences, School of Management, School of Earth Sciences (excluding Geography, Defence and Strategic Studies) and medium for rest of the subjects in other schools will be bilingual, excluding languages.
Centres for the Entrance Exam
- Srinagar (Garhwal)
- Badshahithaul Tehri
- New Delhi
The University reserves the right to cancel any of the centres, if sufficient number of applications will not received, University can allot a new centre to such applicants.
The centre allotted will be indicated in the Admit Card. Application must note that the Examination Centre once allotted to a candidate shall not be changed.
- An interview/viva-voce will be organized by the concerned department of the University during which the candidates will be required to discuss in research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Board of Studies.
- The interview/viva-voce shall also consider the following aspects, viz. whether:
- The candidate possesses the competence for the proposed research;
- The research work can be suitably undertaken at the Institution/College;
- The proposed area of research can contribute to new/additional knowledge.
Following will be the assessment index of 100 marks for admission
- For the exempted category- Academic career: Distribution of 70 marks. (As per the decision/approval of Academic Council of the University).
- (a) UG- 30% of Percentage of marks obtained
- (b) PG- 40% of Percentage of marks obtained
- (c) Marks obtained in the interview/viva-voce of 30 marks
- For the candidates who qualify the entrance exam:
- (a) 70% of the marks obtained in the entrance exam
- (b) Marks obtained in the interview/viva-voce of 30 marks
- The result of Ph.D. Entrance Exam shall be valid for admission for the academic session 2022-2023 only.
- All the qualified candidates should bring the hard copy of their online application along with all the original documents and certificates at the time of interview.
HNBGU PhD Entrance 2023-24 Admit Card
HNBGU PhD Entrance 2023-24 Admit Card will be available online for download.
HNBGU PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be available as per schedule. Result will be updated here when available.
|Information Brochure 2022-23||Click Here|
|Application Form||Click Here|
|HNBGU Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel
HNBGU PhD Admission 2022-23
HNBGU PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Starting date of online application form||03 March 2023|
|Last date of submission of online application form||25 March 2023|
|Correction in online submitted application form (if any)||27-29 March 2023|
|Admit card can be downloaded from||05 April 2023 onwards|
|Date of Entrance Exam||08 April 2023|
HNBGU PhD Admission 2021-22
|Starting date of online application form||22 Dec 2021|
|Last date of submission of online application form||15 Jan 2022|
|Correction in online submitted application form (if any)||16 to 18 Jan 2022|
|Admit card can be downloaded from||01 Feb 2022 onwards|
|Date of Entrance Exam||06 Feb 2022|
HNBGU PhD Admission 2020-21
|Availability of Application forms on website||July 2020|
|Last date of receiving the fee through bank||10 Aug 2020|
HNBGU PhD Admission 2019-20
|Availability of Application forms on website||04 January 2019|
|Last date of receiving the fee through bank||20 January 2019|
|Last date of receiving the fee through bank with late payment of Rs. 500/-||25 January 2019|
|Last date of receiving the fee through bank with late payment of Rs. 1000/-||30 January 2019|
|Last date of submission of online application form||31 January 2019|
|Start date of downloading the admit card||20 February 2019|
|Date of Entrance Test||10 March 2019|