RMLAU PhD Admission 2022-23 – Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya invites online applications for admission to Ph.D. program in various disciplines, running in the departments of residential campus and affiliated colleges for session 2022-23 through a Common Entrance Test-2022 (CET-2022).
Check full details on RMLAU Ayodhya PhD Admission 2022-23 below here.
Latest – RMLAU Ayodhya Selected Candidates List Released
Join Our Telegram Channel
RMLAU PhD Programs
PhD Admission Category
The university offers Ph.D. program in two categories
- Full-Time Mode
- Part-Time Mode
The candidates interested in Part-Time Ph.D. program have to apply online but need not appear in the entrance examination CET-2021.
Subjects for PhD in the Residential Campus Departments
- Regular Mode
- Physics & Electronics
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Environmental Science
- Business Management & Entrepreneurship
- Economics & Rural Development
- History, Culture & Archeology
- Adult & Continuing Education
- Self-Finance Mode
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mathematics (Applied Science & Humanities)
- Physics (Applied Science & Humanities)
- Management (Applied Science & Humanities)
Environmental Science (Applied Science & Humanities)
- Computer Application (MCA)
- Physical Education
- Mass Communication & Journalism
Subjects for PhD in the Affiliated Colleges in Regular Mode
- Ancient History
- Medieval History
- Military Science
- Political Science
- Physical Education
Eligibility Criteria for RMLAU PhD Admission 2022-23
- A 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme or a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time. Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision ofthe Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
RMLAU PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Online Application Process to be started||05 April 2023|
|Last date for Online Application||05 May 2023|
|Last date for Online Application with applicable late fees||10 May 2023|
|Dates for Entrance Exam||04 June 2023|
|Result of Entrance Examination||20 June 2023|
|Interview / Viva Voce||June/July 2023|
|Declaration of Final Result for Academic Year 2022-23||10 July 2023|
|Last date of completing the Interview / Viva Voce||30 July 2023|
|Start date for Course Work Fee deposition||15 July 2023|
|Last date for Course Work Fee deposition||30 July 2023|
RMLAU PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Candidates have to fill an application only through the provided online facility on or before the last date.
- A copy of the filled in application form must be kept for future use.
|Category||Fee||With Late Fee|
|For General / OBC/ EWS||Rs. 2000/-||Rs. 3000/-|
|For SC/ST||Rs. 1000/-||Rs. 2000/-|
The admission process for Ph.D. programme of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya in Full Time Mode –
- (a) Students with valid fellowship/Scholarship (Junior Research Fellowship) in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/GATE/CEED and similar National level tests shall be exempted from the entrance test and admitted directly on the basis of interview/viva-voce.
- (b)Regular and working teachers employed in Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University campus and Government/Aided Colleges affiliated to this university shall be exempted from the written test and admitted directly on the basis of interview/ viva-voce.
- All those applicants who do not fall in the above-mentioned criteria will have to appear in the written test conducted by the University.
- Candidates who qualify the written test will have to appear in interview/viva- voce.
- The final selection of the candidate for Ph.D. shall be based on the 70% weightage to written test and 30% weightage to his/her performance in the interview/viva-voce.
- Candidates who are exempted from the written test by having valid fellowship/scholarship or being regular and working teachers employed in Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya Campus/Government/ Aided colleges affiliated to this university will be selected only on the basis of interview/ viva-voce as mentioned in Annexure A and such teachers are also entitled to avail the benefits of the provisions laid down in the state government orders- (i) 69/-1-2022 ft 06/01/2022 and (II) 70/-1- 2022 ft 06/01/2022. Such teachers shall provide their appointment letter endorsed by the Principal / Registrar of the institution at the time of interview/ viva-voce.
- For such candidates the 30% preference/ weightage allocated for Interview/ Viva-voce shall be scaled up to 100%.
- The entrance test syllabus shall consist of 50% questions of Research Methodology and 50% questions related to the subject.
- Students who have secured 50% marks in the entrance test are eligible to be called for the interview. A relaxation of 5% marks will be allowed in the entrance examination for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/differently-abled category, Economically Weaker Section (EWS), and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- The candidate(s) qualifying the common entrance test will have to appear in an interview/ viva-voce as decided by the admission committee. The interview/ viva-voce panel will comprise of Convener, a member from the admission committee, external/internal expert (s) of the subject as decided by the admission committee and approved by the Vice-chancellor. The interview board will award marks as suggested in Annexure A. Any modification/alteration/ amendment of the interview/ viva-voce panel shall be at the sole discretion of the vice-chancellor.
- The final merit for admission to Ph.D. Programme shall take into account the score of written tests (in cases where applicable) and interview/ viva-voce. The university shall adhere to the National/State-level reservation policy, as applicable.
Conditions for Admission in Part Time Ph.D. Programme
- Ph.D. Programmes through part-time mode will be permitted, provided all the conditions stipulated in UGC including the entrance and completion of regular course work (Minimum Standards and Procedures for award of Ph.D. Degrees.), 2022 and existing in the Ph.D. Ordinance-2022 of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya are fulfilled.
- A teacher serving in this university / affiliated colleges will be eligible to enroll for Ph.D. Programme under Part Time mode after completion of probationary period or has completed at least one year of service. Other than the teacher of university and affiliated colleges, the candidate is required to have at least three years of continuous service experience in recognized educational institutions, Union Government: State Government(s), Armed Forces; PSUs or corporations listed in BSE or NSE.
- The candidate shall have to provide “No Objection Certificate” from the appropriate authority in the organization where the candidate is employed, clearly stating that:
- (i) The candidate is permitted to pursue studies on a part-time basis.
- (ii) His/her official duties permit him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- (iii) If required, he/she will be relieved from the duty to complete the course work. iv. The final selection of the candidates for the Part Time Ph.D. Programme shall be based on same criteria as mentioned for Full Time Mode.
RMLAU Common Entrance Test (CET) 2022
- The CET-2022 for various Ph.D. programme of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University will be conducted at the University Campus but in special circumstances Centers may also be allocated at different institutions in Ayodhya district.
- Candidates are advised to fill up the Answer-OMR sheet carefully during Examination.
- The Entrance Test will be based on Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) containing one question paper.
- The question paper set will comprise of two sections with a total of 100 Questions. One section of 70 questions will assess the subject knowledge and the other section of 30 questions will be related to Research Methodology.
- The paper will be of 2 hours duration.
- There will not be any negative marking.
- The minimum qualifying marks for the test will be 50% marks. A relaxation of 5% in qualifying marks (in the aggregate) will be provided to the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ Differently-abled categories.
- Based on the marks obtained in this Entrance Test, category wise merit list will be prepared and category wise result of the successful candidates will be displayed on the website of the University.
Syllabus of CET-2022 will be similar to what is prescribed for respective PG subjects of Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya. A copy of respective syllabus can be obtained from university website.
RMLAU Common Entrance Test (CET) 2022 Admit Card
RMLAU PhD Admission 2022-23 Results
Join Our Telegram Channel