Central Sanskrit University PhD Admission 2022-23: Central Sanskrit University Delhi invites application for PhD Admission 2022-23 through Vidya-Varidhi Entrance Test (VVET) -2022.
Check full details on Central Sanskrit University PhD Admission 2022-23 here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About Central Sanskrit University Delhi
- As per the recommendations of the Sanskrit Commission 1956, the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan was established by the Government of India in the year 1970. Its main objective is to promote, propagate and preserve Sanskrit education, teaching, and research throughout the country.
- It was fully funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (now Ministry of Education), Government of India.
- Keeping in view its contribution in the field of promotion and dissemination of traditional Sanskrit education, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan was accorded the status of Deemed University on 7th May 2002. The erstwhile Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) has been passed by the Parliament as Central Sanskrit University, Delhi under the Central Sanskrit Universities Act 2020 (No. 5 of 2020). With the approval of His Excellency the President of India, it started functioning as Central Sanskrit University, Delhi with effect from 30th April 2020.
Available Seats for Vidyavaridhi (PhD Seats) 2022
|Name of School||Seats|
|School of Veda-Vedanga & Vedic Science||61|
|School of Education||179|
|School of Language, Literature and Culture||33|
|School of Shastric Knowledge System||17|
|School of Darshan||81|
|School of Contemporary Knowledge Systems & Humanities||06|
|School of Multidisciplinary Science and Technology||–|
|School of Yogic Science & Holistic Health Practices||–|
Vidya-Varidhi Entrance Test (VVET) -2022
Central Sanskrit University, Delhi invites online applications for Entrance Test-2022 for admission to the course of Vidya-Varidhi (Ph.D.). Eligible Candidates can apply online for the entrance test.
Only JRF awarded and Foreign Students are exempted to appear in Vidyavaridhi Entrance Test (VVET), but such students must apply online as per the instructions and guidelines mentioned in this prospectus.
Key Points of Online Vidyavaridhi Entrance Test:
- The test will be conducted Computer-based Test (CBT).
- The test will be bi-lingual – Sanskrit & English
- First Part – 75 questions out of 100 questions are common to all students.
- Second Part – 25 questions will be school-specific.
- Test will be conducted in two shifts:
- First Shift – 10.00 AM – 12.00 PM (120 Minutes) for One School/Subject
- Second Shift 12.00 PM – 12.30 PM (only 30 Minutes) for Two School/Subject
Central Sanskrit University PhD Admission 2022-23 Important Dates
|Strat of online application form||12 Dec 2022|
|Last date for online application form (Without late fee)||31 Dec 2022|
|Online application (With late fee) and editing in submitted online application||02-05 Jan 2023|
|Download of Admit Cards||15 Jan 2023|
|Date of Examination||22 Jan 2023|
|Objection Prayer on Payment Mode||24-25 Jan 2023|
|Final Keys of Answers||31 Jan 2023|
|List of Qualified Students in Entrance Test||10 Feb 2023|
(Obtaining at least 50% marks in Entrance Test will be the qualification for Interview/Viva Voce)
|Final List of Qualified Students||announced|
Eligibility Criteria for Vidyavaridhi Entrance Test
- All those students who:
- possess Acharya/M.A. in any subject of Sanskrit or equivalent degree from Universities/Deemed Universities/Private Universities recognized by University Grants Commission, with at least 55% marks,
- or, appearing in 1-year/2-semester master’s degree programme after a 4-year/8- semester bachelor’s degree programme
- or, appearing in a 2-year/4-semester master’s degree programme after a 3-year bachelor’s degree programme or qualifications declared equivalent to the master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of the educational institution.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission from time to time.
- Provided that a candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor’s degree programme should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed. A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grants Commission from time to time.
- Candidates who have completed the M.Phil. programme with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution accredited by an assessment and accreditation agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country to assess, accredit or assure quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
- Teacher Researcher from the campuses of the CSU and other affiliated institutions who have completed Acharya or M.A. Sanskrit Exam and Passed with 55% Marks can apply as ‘Teacher-Researcher’. But their enrolment will be as per the rules of University Grants Commission.
- All foreign students who have passed a master’s degree in any branch of Sanskrit from a recognized University in India with a minimum of 55% marks or in its equivalent category, or as certified degree (by the Academic Council of University) holder students can apply through the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India and through the Ministry of Education.
Central Sanskrit University PhD Admission 2022-23 Application Process
- Eligible candidates can apply Online with in time for entrance test by following websites: www.sanskrit.nic.in
- Read the guidelines carefully before filling application process.
|Details and Date||Fee for Unreserved Candidates||Fee for SC/ST/EWS/Differently abled/ OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Candidates|
|Application without late fee (Date 12.12.2022 to 31.12.2022)||Rs. 2,000 (Application Fee Rs. 1,000+ Processing Fee Rs. 1,000)||Rs. 1,000 (Application Fee Rs. 500+ Processing Fee Rs. 500)|
|Application Fee with late Fee (Date 02.01.2023 to 05.01.2023)||Rs. 3,000(Application Fee Rs. 1,000+ Processing Fee Rs. 1,000+ Late Fee Rs. 1,000)||Rs. 1,500 (Application Fee Rs. 500+ Processing Fee Rs. 500+ Late Fee Rs. 500)|
|Fee for Additional School (Subject) Test||Rs. 1,000||Rs. 500|
|Editing Fee||No Fee||No Fee|
|Objection Prayer per question||Rs. 100 (Refundable if objection is found valid)||Rs. 100 (Refundable if objection is found valid)|
Central Sanskrit University PhD Entrance 2022 (VVET) Admit Card
Admit card is available now.
Central Sanskrit University PhD Admission 2022 Results
- Notification regarding Vidyavaridhi (Campus Selection)
- List of Campus Coordinators for Admission in Vidyavaridhi (PhD)
- Notification regarding Vidya-Varidhi (Ph.D.) Admission.
- Second List of the Applicants for Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D.)
- List of Applicants for Vidyavaridhi in Shastric Knowledge, Comtemporary Knowledge Systems & Humanities and Multidisciplinary Science & Technology
- List of the 1st List Applicants whose admissions are incomplete for Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D.)
- Reserach Centres available for Vidyavaridhi (Ph.D.)