Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring) – Bose Institute, Kolkata announces admission to PhD Program for session 2023 (Spring).
Check more details on eligibility criteria, application process, selection process and more for Bose Institute PhD Admission 2023 (Spring) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
About Bose Institute Kolkata
Bose Institute established in 1917 by Acharya J.C. Bose, the founder of modern science in the Indian subcontinent,. The Institute was set up as Asia’s first interdisciplinary research center and bears a century-old tradition of excellence in research.
Bose Institute has an established Ph.D. programme in the research domains of Atmospheric Sciences, Interdisciplinary Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences and Physical Sciences.
Many of alumni of the institute have become reputed experts in their chosen fields of research.
The institute is a national pioneer in research on astroparticle physics and cosmic rays, foundations of quantum physics and interdisciplinary physics. Path-breaking research in the fields of plant sciences, structural biology, molecular biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology has been conducted at the Institute.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring)
Broad Areas of Research
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring)
- Candidates should have an award of JRF (CSIR-UGC JRF/ DBT-JRF/ ICMR-JRF/ DST- INSPIRE/ DBT-BINC or equivalent), whose last date of validity should not be earlier than 30th September, 2023. If candidates, who are in the final year of their Master’s degree programme and are in possession of an award of a JRF, are selected, they will have to submit their final degree certificate at the time of joining.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following fields: Engineering/ Science/ Technology with at least 55 % of marks for general candidates, while 50% marks is necessary for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/ differently-abled and other categories of candidates, as per UGC norms.
- DST-INSPIRE candidates can only be admitted provisionally. Confirmation of their admission to the PhD programme of Bose Institute is subject to the final award of INSPIRE fellowship by DST. If the candidate is finally not awarded the INSPIRE fellowship by DST, his/her provisional admission is liable to be cancelled by the Institute. In case of DST Inspire Fellowship, the candidate must be qualified NET-LS/GATE/similar National Level Test, for being considered in the Ph.D. Programme in Bose Institute.
- Candidates who have qualified in GATE/ JEST/ JGEEBILS/ NET (LS) etc., but who do not have a valid award of JRF mentioned in (1) above, or equivalent, are ineligible to apply.
- No student awarded for ICAR Fellowship will be eligible for participating in the Ph.D. Programme in Bose Institute.
Age limit: Below 28 years (relaxation of age is applicable as per Government of India rules).
Selection Procedure for Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring)
- Names of the shortlisted candidates, along with the date and time of interview will be displayed on the Institute website
- It should be noted that mere appearance on the shortlist does not imply admission
- The interview will be conducted in offline mode. Online interview will be taken only if :
- (i) candidate’s place of residence is beyond 100 km from the Unified Campus of Bose Institute (candidate must furnish proof of residence)
- (ii) Candidate will be appearing for an interview at another institution on the same date (candidate must furnish a copy of interview letter, which mentions the date of interview)
- In such cases candidate must submit request via email (email@example.com) within two days of publication of interview schedule on Bose Institute website.
- A two-step screening process will be followed, with knowledge in core subject being assessed in the first step and suitability of the candidate for conducting scientific research at Bose Institute, along with finalization of Ph.D. guide-candidate matching, being assessed in the second step. At the time of application, candidates will be required to submit a Statement of Purpose, which will be used during the second round of screening.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated the date of interview at the respective email IDs.
- No TA/DA will be allowed for appearing for the interview.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring) Important Dates
|Last Date for online Registration||20 August 2023|
|Display of short-listed candidates||to be announced|
|Date of 1st stage of interview||to be announced|
|Date of 2nd stage of interview (if any)||to be announced|
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring) Application Process
- Interested candidates fulfilling required eligibility should apply online at the URL – http://www.jcbose.ac.in/applications/PHD-ADMISSION/
- Deadline for online application: 23:59 Hrs. 20.08.2023
- An acknowledgement receipt will be generated following successful submission of the online application form. Candidates should retain this receipt for future reference. If called for the interview, candidates must produce this acknowledgement receipt. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the interview without this receipt.
Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring) Results
Firstly shortlisted candidates list for Bose Institute Kolkata PhD Admission 2023 (Spring) will be declared after application process.
Then after interview process final list of selected candidates will be released.
|Application Link||Click Here|
|Statement of Purpose (SOP) format||Click Here|
|Bose Institute Website||visit|
Join Our Telegram Channel