BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2024 (Spring) – Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) Mesra Ranchi invites applications for PhD admissions under full-time/part-time categories for the 2023-24 (Spring) session.
Check full details on BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2024 (Spring) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
BIT Mesra PhD Programs
PhD Programs Offered
Following departments offers PhD program-
- Architecture and Planning
- Bioengineering and Biotechnology
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Centre for Quantitative Economics and Data Science
- Data Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Polymer Engineering
- Food Technology
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Mechanical Engineering
- Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Remote Sensing
- Space Engineering and Rocketry
Fellowships are available in limited specializations. However,
candidate can choose any specialization if desires to pursue Ph.D. in
Specializations Offered by Departments
|Architecture & Planning||Housing and Community Planning, Culturally Responsive Built Environment, Urban Governance and Development Planning, Urban and regional Planning Urban Infrastructure Planning Systems, Construction Management, Disaster Management Planning, Urban and Regional Planning, Conservation Planning, Disaster Mitigation, Architecture Education, Building Science and Technology, Sustainability and Green Architecture, Transportation Planning|
|Bio-Engineering & Biotechnology||Agriculture & Plant Biotechnology; Animal & Plant Tissue Culture; Biofuel Production; Bioinformatics; Bioprocess Engineering; Biosensor & Nano-biotechnology; Down Stream Processing; Environmental Biotechnology; Industrial Biotechnology; Medicinal Plant; Microbial Resources; Microbial Biotransformation; Value Addition to Biomass & Waste Materials; Biosignal Analysis; Biomedical Instrumentation; Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare; Systems Biology|
|Chemistry||Biomimetic Coordination Chemistry, Renewable Energy, and Computational Drug Design & Molecular Modeling, Organic-Medicinal Chemistry and Hydrogen fuel production and storage applications.|
|Chemical Engineering||Catalysis, Multi Phase Flow, Biomass conversion, Process modeling and simulation-nonlinear systems, Signal processing, Renewable energy, Food Processing, Conducting polymer composites, Alternative fuels, Biomass conversion to nano carbon|
|Computer Science & Engineering||Data Science and Optimization, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Big Data Analytics, Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Software Engineering, Cyber Security, Network Security, Signal Processing, Computer Vision, Biomedical Imaging, IoT and Cloud Computing, Theoretical Computer Science|
|Electronics & Communication Engg.||Signal Processing and Automations, Cyber Security, Signal & Image Processing, VLSI, Wireless Communication, Embedded IoT, Sensors and Actuators, Fiber optics, Visible light communication, EMI & EMC, RF and Microwave Engg.|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||Power Electronics and Renewable Energy, Condition monitoring, Application of AI techniques in Healthcare and Sensors, Instrumentation, Fractional order sensor, Biological and chemical sensor, Grid tied inverters, Power systems,Control systems, Electric drives, EV technology, sensors,signal processing|
|Mathematics||Operations Research, Mathematical Modelling of Ecological and Biological Systems, Seismology, Fluid Dynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Topology, Functional Analysis, Complex Analysis & Dynamics|
|Mechanical Engineering||Thermal and Design|
|Pharmaceutical Science & Technology||Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance|
|Production & Industrial Engineering||Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering|
|Remote Sensing||Air Pollution, Extreme Weather Phenomena|
|Space Engineering & Rocketry||Aerospace (Rocket Propulsion/ CFD/ Aerodynamics/ Structures/ Flight Control), Ramjet, Combustion, Microthruster, Fuel Development, Green Propellant, Propellant Processing, low speed flows, high speed flows, hypersonic flows, turbulence, aero-acoustics|
|Physics||Plasma Physics, Materials Science, Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, Functional materials, Electronic ceramics, Nanotechnology, 2D devices, Optoelectronics, Bio-Materials,Cosmology, Atmospheric Physics, Statistical Mechanics, Biophysics, Experimental Surface Physics, Experimental Particle Physics, General Relativity|
|Management||Organizational Behaviour, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Business Analytics, CSR, Entrepreneurship, Communication, Information Systems, Technology Management, Supply Chain Management , Human Resource Management, Sustainable Development, Industrial Engineering Management, Operations Management , Hospitality & Tourism Management|
|Civil & Environmental Engineering||Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental sciences and Engineering|
|Centre for Quantitative Economics and Data Science(CQEDS)||Data Science: –|
Computer Science, Optimization of Graph Neural Networks, Explainable Artificial Intelligence, Hyperspectral Data Analytics
Mathematics & Statistics: –
Interval matrices, Optimization Techniques, Decision-making under uncertain environments, Optimization methods in Finance, Complementarity problems, Numerical optimization, Reliability Theory, Survival Analysis, Bayesian Inference
Important Dates for BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2024 (Spring)
|Filling of Online Application Form Commence From||15.10.2023|
|Last Date to Apply Online||18.11.2023|
|Display of Shortlisted Applicants for Test||25.11.2023|
|Date of Ph.D. Written Test and Interview of Shortlisted Applicants||06.12.2023|
|Declaration of Result||11.12.2023|
Eligibility Criteria for BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2024 (Spring)
Candidates with following qualification shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. Program of the Institute:
- Possessing M.Tech. / M.E. / M.Sc. (Engg.) / M.Arch. / M.Pharm. / M.S.(Pharm.)(only from NIPERs)/ M.Sc.(Pharm) / M. Plan./ M.Sc./ MCA / MBA or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with minimum 60% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a ten point scale in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission in the relevant departments. Candidate appearing in the final semester may also apply, however they may have to produce the Final Degree and Marksheet by the date of declaration of results.
- Possessing B.Tech./B.E./B.Sc. (Engg.)/B.Pharm/B.Arch./B.Plan. or equivalent Degree in relevant branch from a recognized University/Institute with a minimum of 80% marks or 8.0 CGPA on a ten-point scale in the qualifying examination and a valid GATE/GPAT score with a minimum of 80 percentile are eligible to apply for admission in the departments as per their Specialization.
- Sponsored candidates must have minimum of two years of professional work experience, in addition to the eligibility criteria (a or b). In addition, sponsored candidates should have valid sponsorship for at least three years.
- Relaxation of 5% marks in eligibility requirement will be given for SC / ST candidates.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Institute is mandatory for employees of the Institute which shall be obtained before appearing at the admission test for the Ph.D. program.
- Employees from other organizations shall produce NOC from his/her respective employers before payment of admission fees.
- In case of the candidates with other grade point scale, the decision of the equivalence made by the assigned committee of the Institute shall be final.
- Selection for PhD admissions shall be based on the performance in an Entrance Test, Previous academic record and an Interview.
- Upto 20% of the selected candidates for admission to the respective Department may be allotted to Part-Time candidates depending upon their position in the merit list. However, in the departments such as Management and Architecture & Planning, the number of selected part-time candidates may be more than 20% and shall be decided by an appropriate committee.
- Those with UGC-CSIR-JRF/DBT-JRF/ICMR-JRF/GATE/NET-JRF and all other similar all India fellowships based written test for Ph.D. admission may be exempted from the Written Test, but the candidate has to appear in the interview.
- Admission to Ph.D. will be of two stage process:
- Ph.D. Written Test (WT) and
- Personal Interview (PI)
BIT Mesra PhD Entrance Test 2024 (Spring)
|Date of PhD Entrance Test||06 Dec 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Venue||Main Campus at Mesra|
|Reporting Time||10:00 AM|
|Written Test Time||10:30 AM to 12:30 PM IST (2-hour duration)|
|Type of Question||Multiple Choice and/or Subjective|
|Total Marks||100 (50 marks of Aptitude Test and 50 Marks of Applied Subject/ Domain/Department Specific)|
|Negative Marking||There will be no negative marking|
|Pattern||Pattern of NET and GATE/GPAT|
|Syllabus||See Brochure for syllabus|
Qualified / eligible candidates of written test will be shortlisted for interview.
The interview of the selected candidates will be conducted as per the schedule given below –
|Date of Interview||06 Dec 2023 (Wednesday)|
|Reporting Time||3:00 PM Onwards at the department concerned / applied|
- Several Institute Research Scholarships (IRS) with a fellowship amount of Rs. 15,000/- per month for the first two years and Rs. 20,000/- per month for the next two years are available depending on the performance.
- The minimum marks required for IRS may vary across the departments and shall be decided by an appropriate committee.
- The IRSs shall be awarded based on the performance in the admission test, academic career, and interview. Ph.D. admission test is mandatory for candidate aspiring for the IRS.
Candidates who are not opting for Institute PhD Entrance Written Test will not be entitled to get any kind of financial assistance from the Institute.
BIT Mesra PhD Admission 2024 (Spring) Application Process
- Candidates have to fill online application available on Institute website (www.bitmesra.ac.in).
- Read information brochure carefully before filling application form.
- Apply for one department only.
|General/OBC candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
Join Our Telegram Channel