Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya PhD Admission 2023-24: Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya (BKCV), Nadia, West Bengal invites online application for PhD admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya PhD Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
BKCV PhD Programs
- Plant Pathology
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Statistics
- Agricultural Extension Education
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Seed Science and Technology
- Plant Physiology
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Fruit Science
- Vegetable Science
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Post Harvest Management
- Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops
PhD Agricultural Engineering
- Farm Machinery and Power Engineering
- Processing and Food Engineering
- Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
Seat Matrix 2023
BKCV PhD Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
- A student can opt for admission to doctoral degree programme in a discipline only in which he/she has obtained M.Sc./M.Tech. degree.
- Candidates must have passed 4-year Bachelor Degree programme followed by 2-year Master Degree programme in Agriculture / Horticulture /Agril. Engineering from duly recognized University. Students under General and OBC categories must secure Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.50 in 10.00 scale and the students under SC/ST/PwD categories must secure OGPA of at least 5.50 in10.00 scale in both Bachelor and Master degree examination. In traditional system where grade points are not awarded, the General and OBC category candidates must have secured at least 60% marks whereas for SC/ST/PwD categories, the requirement is at least 50% marks.
- In the doctoral degree programme in Agriculture and Horticulture, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (10+2) in general stream or vocational stream securing at least 50% marks in aggregate for General and OBC categories, whereas for SC/ST/PwD categories the said requirement is 40% marks.
- In the doctoral degree programme in Agricultural Engineering, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (10+2) with subjects and minimum marks of 45% for general and OBC candidates and 40% for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidate who might have obtained his or her Master Degree from a University where the concerned Faculty/College/ Programme is not accredited by ICAR or is not aided by State/Central Government or is not AICTE approved, shall not be eligible for admission to doctoral degree programme.
- Applicants having Master degree from other University will have to produce a certificate from appropriate authority mentioning that the concerned Faculty /College/ Programme in the University is either ICAR-accredited or State Government aided or AICTE approved before taking admission / reporting, failing which the candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Student have passed M. Sc.(Ag.) in Soil & Water Conservation , they are allowed for application for admission in Ph.D. Programme in the Department of Agronomy/Soil Science. (viii) All the candidates are required to submit photocopy of all the transcripts at the time of counseling / reporting for admission.
- In-service candidates, serving in a Govt. Organization/Institute/University at least for three (3) years, are eligible for admission to Doctoral Degree programme. The candidates need to apply through online portal.
- In-Service candidates are required to send a printed copy of filled-in online application form, duly forwarded by his/her employer, to the Registrar, BCKV, so as to reach the university before commencement of counseling/admission.
- For in-service candidates, the entrance test is not required. However, the candidate has to appear for one on-line/off-line interview before the interview board.
- In-Service candidates must submit a “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” from his/ her present employer during counselling /at the time of reporting. After admission, the concerned students have to submit an approval letter of leave for a period of 3 (three) years, issued by his/her employer, within two (2) months from the date of admission /reporting, failing which his/her admission will be treated as cancelled without any further intimation.
BKCV PhD Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Opening date for submission of online application form||05/09/2023|
|Closing date for submission of online application form||14/09/2023|
|Closing date for correction/modification of application form||16/09/2023|
|Download admit card for Entrance Examination||23/09/2023 onwards|
|Date of Entrance Examination||01/10/2023|
|Date of publication of provisional merit list||To be announced later|
|Date of counseling, counseling procedure, and date of reporting||To be announced later|
BKCV PhD Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read instruction given there carefully before filling application form.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of entrance test and academic marks.
- Admission test will be conducted by BCKV discipline-wise (Annexure-III);
- Admission test will be of 60 marks. The question paper will comprise of 60 MCQs of 1 marks each, and each with 4 unambiguous alternatives;
- The duration of the admission test will be 1 hour;
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer;
BKCV PhD Admission 2023-24 Results
BKCV PhD Admission 2023-24 Results will be declared as per schedule. Result will be updated here as it is available.