Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya PG Admission 2023-24: Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya (BKCV), Nadia, West Bengal invites online application for PG admission for the academic session 2023-24.
Check full details on Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya PG Admission 2023-24 below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
BKCV PG Programs
- MSc Agriculture
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Plant Physiology
- Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Seed Science and Technology
- Agricultural Meteorology
- Soil Science
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension Education
- Agricultural Statistics
- MSc Horticulture
- Vegetable Science
- Fruit Science
- Post Harvest Management
- Floriculture and Landscaping
- Plantation, Spices, Medicinal, and Aromatic Crops
- MTech Agricultural Engineering
- Farm Machinery and Power Engineering
- Processing and Food Engineering
BKCV PG Admission 2023-24 Eligibility Criteria
Agriculture and Horticulture (M.Sc.):
- (i) Candidates must have passed 4-year Bachelor Degree examination in Agriculture/ Horticulture. General and OBC candidates must secure Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.50 in 10.00 scale whereas for SC/ST/PWD candidates, the said requirement is at least 5.50 in 10.00 scale. In traditional system where grade-points are not awarded, the General and OBC category candidates must have secured at least 60% marks, whereas for SC/ST/PwD categories, the requirement is at least 50% marks.
- (ii) Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (10+2) in General stream or Vocational stream securing at least 50% marks in aggregate for General and OBC categories, whereas for candidates under SC/ST/PwD categories the said requirement is at least 40% marks
- (iii) Students from ICAR accredited/State/Central Aided Universities/Institutes would only be eligible to take admission in PG courses. At the time of admission, candidates will be required to submit certificates from competent authority in support of accreditation of the Institute/University from which the candidate has obtained his/her bachelor degree.
- (iv) All the candidates are required to submit photocopy of all transcripts at the time of Counseling/ admission.
Agricultural Engineering (M.Tech.):
- (i) Candidates must have passed 4-year Bachelor Degree examination in Agricultural Engineering. General and OBC candidates must secure Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.50 in 10.00 scale, whereas for SC/ST/PwD candidates the said requirement is at least 5.50 in 10.00 scale. In traditional system where grade points are not awarded, the General and OBC category candidates must have secured at least 60% marks, whereas for SC/ST/PwD categories the requirement is at least 50% marks.
- (ii) Candidates must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (10+2) and securing at least 45% in aggregate for general and OBC candidates and 40% for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- (iii) In respect of candidates who earlier got admitted in B.Tech. (Ag. Engg.) programme through Lateral Entry Scheme, marks obtained by them in Diploma course will be considered in place of H.S. score. In this case, student under Lateral Entry Scheme, candidate must have passed with 60% marks under General and OBC category and 55% marks for SC/ST/PwD category.
- (iv) Candidate who might have obtained his/her B.Tech Degree from any University where the concerned Faculty/College/Programme is not approved by AICTE or is not aided by the State/Central Government shall not be eligible for admission to Master Degree programme.
- (v) Applicants having Bachelor Degree from other University or college will have to produce a certificate from appropriate authority mentioning that the concerned Faculty/College/ Programme is either AICTE approved or is aided by State/Central Government, before taking admission/ reporting, failing which his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- (vi) All the candidates are required to submit photocopy of all the transcripts at the time of Counseling/reporting for admission.
BKCV PG Admission 2023-24 Important Dates
|Opening date for submission of online application form||05-09-2023|
|Closing date for submission of online application form||14-09-2023|
|Closing date for correction/modification of application form||16-09-2023|
|Download admit card for Entrance Examination||23-09-2023 onwards|
|Date of Entrance Examination||30-09-2023|
|Date of publication of provisional merit list||To be notified on University Website later on|
|Date of counselling, counselling procedure, and date of reporting||To be notified on University Website later on|
BKCV PG Admission 2023-24 Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on the link available at university website.
- Read instruction given there carefully before filling application form.
Selection will be on the basis of Qualifying degree marks & Entrance Test.
Out of total seats (Department/Programme-wise):
- 70% seats will be reserved as University seats;
- 30% seats will be reserved as ICAR quota. ICAR’s nominees will be considered as per prevailing rules.
All Master’s Degree seats, excepting ICAR seats, will be filled up in the following manner:
- (i) Out of the 70% University seats: 80% seats will be filled from domicile of West Bengal and remaining 20% will be filled from open category (domicile and non-domicile). During admission 80% domicile category seats will be filled first, then only remaining 20% open category seats will be filled.
- (ii) Eighty percent (80%) of the seat in each department rounded off to nearer absolute number will be filled up category-wise (UR/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD) as per reservation policy of the Government of West Bengal on the basis of merit list.
- (iii) Reservation policy of Government of West Bengal will be followed in respect of filling the remaining 20% open category seats.
- (iv) No benefit of reservation will be extended to the non-domicile candidates.
- (v) In case any seat falls vacant due to non-availability of domicile candidates, it will be filled up by non-domicile candidates on the basis of merit list.
- (vi) The ICAR left over seats, if any, will be filled up by the students of BCKV only. (vii)Only one time up-gradation will be allowed module-wise.
- (viii) Admission test (to be conducted by BCKV) and also academic record will be considered for preparation of merit list.