Bharathiar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) – Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu invites applications from the eligible candidates for admission to M.Phil. and Ph.D. (F.T. / P.T. 2023 Dec Session) Programmes during the year 2023 -2024 for University departments / Affiliated colleges / Approved research institutions of Bharathiar University.
Check full details on Bharathiar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) below here.
Join Our Telegram Channel
Bharathiar University PhD Programs
PhD Programmes are offered in the following disciplines in the University Departments Both as Full Time & Part Time Courses
- School of Management
- Bharathiar School of Management and Entrepreneur Development(BSMED)
- School of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering
- Department of Microbial Bio-technology
- Department of Bio-technology
- Department of Bio-Chemistry
- School of Chemical Sciences
- Department of Chemistry
- School of Commerce
- Department of Commerce
- School of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications
- Department of Computer Science
- Department of Information Technology
- School of Economics
- Department of Economics
- School of Education Studies
- Department of Communication & Media Studies
- Department of Educational Technology
- Department of Education
- Department of Physical Education
- Department of Extension Career Guidance and Students Welfare
- Department of Education(School of Distance Education)
- Department of Physical Education
- School of English and other Foreign Languages
- Department of Linguistics
- Department of English & Foreign Languages
- School of Life Sciences
- Department of Botany
- Department of Bioinformatics
- Department of Environmental Sciences
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Human Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Department of Textiles and Apparel Design
- School of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- School of Physical Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Medical Physics
- Department of Nanoscience and Technology
- Department of Electronics & Instrumentation
- School of Social Sciences
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Sociology and Population Studies
- Department of Psychology
- Department of Women’s Studies
- Department of Library Sciences
- School of Tamil and Other Indian Languages
- Department of Tamil
For details of colleges/institutes/departments offering various full-time and part-time research programmes read prospectus.
Eligibility Criteria for Bharathiar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec)
- The candidates should have passed a post-graduate degree course either with SSLC + HSC + UG + PG (i.e., 10 + 2 + 3 + 2) or with 11-years SSLC + PUC + UG + PG (i.e., 11 + 1 + 3 + 2) or with 10-years SSLC + 3 years Diploma + 2 years UG degree + 2 years PG (i.e., 10 + 3 + 2 + 2) or with 10 years SSLC + HSC + 4 years UG degree and 1 year PG degree (i.e., 10 + 2 + 4 + 1). Thus, only the candidates possessing a PG degree with 17 years of total duration of study alone are eligible for admission to the Ph. D., programme.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph. D., programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by statutory regulatory body of Bharathiar University, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil., course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing the M.Phil., Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D., Degree in the same Institution in an integrated programme.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC from time to time.
For detailed eligibility criteria refer prospectus.
Selection Process Dec 2023
- December 2023 Ph.D. (FT/PT) admission will be made on the basis of the Common Entrance Test marks obtained in the June 2023, the interview marks and the Rules and Regulations of Bharathiar University.
Bharathiar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Important Dates
|Start of Online Registration||01 Nov 2023|
|Last Date for submission of Online Application||15 Nov 2023|
Bharathiar University PhD Admission 2023 (Dec) Application Process
- Candidates have to apply online on website : www.b-u.ac.in
- Before filling the online application read prospectus carefully.
Guidelines to fill up the Admission Application Form
- Candidate who are eligible and willing to apply for Ph.D. (F.T./P.T.) admission to more than one college shall submit separate applications for each and every college through online mode from the University website (www.bu.ac.in) from 01.11.2023 to 15.11.2023.
|For SC/ST candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|For Others||Rs. 1000/-|
Guidelines to fill up Application Form through Online
Before filling the online application form, ensure the availability of digital form (soft copy) of the following documents:
- 10th Mark Sheet, 12th Mark Sheet, UG Marks Statements, PG Mark Statements, Consolidated Mark Sheet, Provisional Certificate, Degree Certificate, Community Certificate, Special Category Certificate, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate, CET Score card, M.Phil./NET/SET/GATE/UGC-JRF/CSIR/Teacher Fellowship certificate if any, Experience certificate, No Objection Certificate and Research Proposal in “JPEG”/”PNG”/”JPG” file format.
- A Passport Size Photograph of the applicant (“JPEG”/”PNG”/”JPG” format) is required.
- Applicant’s signature using Blue/Black pen on white sheet (“JPEG”/”PNG”/”JPG” format).
- Each attached document must be not more than 512 KB of Size. The file name for the document should start with alphabets only.
- A valid E-mail ID for the registration process is mandatory to have and submit with the application process for receiving all the correspondence. The same email ID cannot be used for the submission of other applications.
- The copy of the downloaded application form should be sent to the Registrar, Bharathiar University along with original DD/payment details and another copy of application has to be sent to the Principal of concerned Institution/ HOD of University Department.
- If the applicant wants to apply for more than one Institution/ College/ University Department, he/she has to pay the application fee for each application.
|Admission Notification||Click Here|
|PhD Application Form||Click Here|
|Bharathiar University Website||Click Here|
Join Our Telegram Channel